Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ok... here it goes




Ok, here it goes. This is my first post. My sister-in-laws' have inspired me to become a blogger too. I have been able to spy on others blog posts long enough without having to divulge anything about myself.

The ABC show "The View" was filming in Las Vegas this week and about a month ago, I requested tickets. Much to my surprise, I received an e-mail confirmation for tickets to be in the audience. I asked my husband to take off work and come with me. I thought a male might get me closer to the stage since 90% of the audience is female. Besides he could drive to Cesar's Palace for us. (Local Las Vegans don't usually venture down to the strip very often). I also dragged my Sister-in-law, Julie with us. (That's her in the brown shirt)


My so called "ticket confirmation" said that I would be in the audience for the second show of the day. We were to be in line no later than 9:00 for a 10:30 taping. We got there before 8:30. We stood in the hot sun for almost 2 hours. And it is well into the 100's this time of year in Vegas. We were turned away!! We couldn't get in! Can you believe it! I was seriously disappointed. I felt so bad my husband took off work for total "chick time" all for nothing. He must really love me. They did give us a "guarantee" to be in the audience the next time they are in Vegas or a New York taping of the show. Sounds like a great excuse to jet to New York.


But.... We did get to see the "Davids'" from American Idol from the previous taping of the show.









I was close enough to touch him, but would have felt really creepy if I had. "Archie" was very cute and just like the personality you had seen on AI. He was like "Oh, thank you.... Oh, that's very nice.... Oh golly gee whizz"..... He's cute as a button.




And yes, his Dad was right there too. But seemed very nice...






And David Cook seemed very nice as well. He said not to "Photo-Shop" is face on a Chip-N-Dale Dancer's body.





And this David posed very still just for my camera. I had to cover him up a bit because this is a family blog.

Anyway it turned out to be a pretty fun day. And my oldest son, took such good care of his sisters while I was gone... Thanks Weston.









9 comments:

smithfam said...

Halla-freakin-Luyah!!! You did it and you did a great job.

I loved all of the David pictures, especially the last one. Next time dont cover it with your thumb!! Give us old ladies a thrill!!!

julie said...

Gee, if I knew you were going to post my picture I would have dressed up. Great pictures I might add but I would have left the thumb out too. So glad that you are finally blogging. It is a great way to keep family and friends updated. Thanks for inviting me yesterday. It was fun.

Liz Prisbrey said...

Hey, I'm so glad that you commented! Now I know you are here. Sorry about missing The View, but you did get to see the two Davids and be with your husband. (without kids!) You can't get better than that. Can't wait to see all the cute family pictures!

Erin said...

How Fun! But that would be pretty irritating to get a confirmation email and then not be let in! Ken is such a great sport to go with you! Glad you're blogging so I can peek in on you & your adorable family.

Andrea said...

Hey, I'm a blogging buddy of Linda's (and Julie too more recently). Your blog is so cute.

SuperCoolMom said...

Welcome to blogland Jenny! Bummer on not getting into the taping. Especially after waiting in the heat! Fun to get some great paparazzi pics though!

I'm a blogfriend of Linda and Julie! Keep working on Laura!

my public blog is hotmamashouse dot blogspot dot com - stop by and let me know if you're interested in getting the whole scoop at my super-exclusive, really cool, private blog where I post the juicy stuff. heeheeheee

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Welcome to blogdom! I just pooped from Smithfam to say Hi!

Ann(ie) said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere!! I would have been so ticked if I couldn't get in...but, I'm with you now you have an excuse to go to NYC and multitask with some shoe shopping!! ;)

Great pics of the David's!

Matt said...

Welcome to the blogging world! You've come to such a friendly place! Great first post!