Wednesday, July 16, 2008







So I'm really trying to get the hang of this blog thing. But I really like the idea of keeping track of events with our family. After all, I have a hard time remembering what we did two weeks ago, let alone last year.








Yes, I realize that today is the 16th. But over the 4th of July weekend, we went to my brothers house in Idaho. We had a wonderful time and they threw quite the shin-dig. There were over 60 people there for a BBQ and fireworks. On the 5th we all went whitewater rafting down the Payette River. It was a bit scary but mostly invigorating. The guide said we had some class 3 and 4 rapids. (The Rafting lingo). And here is where I'm getting at with "getting the hang of the blot thing". Did I bring a camera? Oh yes.... But do you think I got it out to take pictures???? No.... I know, I know....I'm a Blog loser.
The flight home from Idaho would have been something to document as well. Although, I believe ISA must have us red flagged on the terrorist watch list. We had 2 lap children and we couldn't all sit in the same row because there were not enough oxygen masks in each row. Like that'll really help "in the event of an emergency". I'm sure the people around us would have liked the masks to drop, just to muffle the screams from the girls. Ken had to leave Idaho early for some kind of important thing like "payroll" whatever.... I'm sure his employees wouldn't have minded getting paid a week later.... (kidding). Weston had Ella and I had Abby. Halfway during the flight, Abby finally cried herself to sleep and I popped my head up to see if Weston wanted to switch kids, because I could hear Ella yelling her favorite word "NO" six rows up. He was kind of slow to answer but the people around him nodded "YES" for him. It's kind of funny, now, to think about it, but at the time.... not so much. A man sitting next to Ella kept closing his eyes to try and block out her screams, so she's point to his eyes and say "Night, Night" very loudly. OH, good times, good times.



Last weekend we drove to Long Beach to visit my husbands old mission companion. They've been close friends for over 20 years now. The girls did better in the car for 5 hours than a 1 1/2 hour flight. We took the girls to the Pacific Aquarium. Ella is now getting to the age where this stuff is fun. But don't miss that nap time! Oh, and guess who didn't bring the camera.... I know, I know.



Tomorrow we're off again. We get to take Weston to Cedar City for Student Orientation. We get to check out his new Bachelor Pad! Scary!!!! It is such a weird felling when your sending a kid to college. I just hope everything I've tried to teach him in the past 17 years sticks. He has a full year before he turns 19. A lot can happen in one "Pre-Mission" year. Its kind of like you're the coach for something like the Olympic trials, and he's getting ready to walk to the starting line. You just have to trust that all those drills and lessons are remembered and applied. Silly analogy, but that's the closest I can get to it.
I've already got my camera in my purse for this outing. I will be armed and ready to be as obnoxious as I can with that camera. After all, I don't have many more moments to embarrass him.

3 comments:

smithfam said...

Oh my hell, all of those kids have grown!!! Jason and Shellys kids all look like Shelly!! So funny.

You better be a good girl and take lots of pictures this weekend!!
Good thing it was you and not me on that flight with all of those mean people. I am getting pretty nasty in my old age. I probably would have had to open a can of whoop-a** on them!!!

Liz Prisbrey said...

What a cute picture! I was pretty excited to see some of my own family members on there! It sounds like the 4th was fun. The Idaho weather was way cooler than here, I am sure. Hey, my sister Diane and her husband live in Cedar. As well as half of Jess' family. Let me know if you ever need to check up on Westin. We'll get it done! ;0)

julie said...

How fun!!! Everyone is getting so big. I didn't even recognized the oldest boy of Shelly and Jason. Fun times getting together with all the cousins but wheres Chandler!!!